During National Public Health Week, April 2-6, the This is Public Health (TIPH) team will be visiting towns throughout West Virginia for the 2nd annual TIPH Roadshow. The Roadshow promotes public health education and careers, as well as healthy behaviors. The Roadshow will make stops in Charleston, Huntington, Morgantown, Parkersburg, as well as Pleasants and McDowell Counties. Activities are planned for pre-K-12 students, undergraduates, and public health professionals.
Be sure to follow along on social media using #TIPHRoadshsow and #ThisIsPublicHealth.
Monday, April 2
- West Virginia University School of Public Health Public Health Fair: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at the Mountainlair
- Advisor Happy Hour: 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., at Mountain State Brewery. RSVP is required
Tuesday, April 3
- Movie screening and filmmaker Q&A of In the Hills and Hollows: 6:30 p.m. at the WV International Film Festival’s Underground Cinema.Tickets are required.
- Q&A Panel: Kelly Kernan, Filmmaker, Natalie Thompson, Executive Director of the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition, and others.
Wednesday, April 4
- Story Time: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. at Cabell County Public Library
- Volunteer Outreach with Facing Hunger Foodbank: 12:00 -1:30 p.m.
- National Public Health Week Twitter Chat: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.